Marketing Outsourcing saves money and grants you access to an experienced talent pool. If you are not currently employing an in-house marketing team, finding the time to do everything you should be doing to market your brand can be challenging and too often marketing functions become your responsibility. You find yourself maintaining Social Media profiles during the day and Websites during the evening. More often than not you don’t find the time to craft and send out a newsletter campaign or work on your SEO.
Outsourcing your marketing to a freelancer is low risk (you could test abilities on small projects first), it gives you heaps of flexibility (hire only when you need marketing support) and it is cost effective (marketing staff is not on your payroll).
While it is fair to say that every small and medium sized business understands the importance of marketing they also agree to find professional industry specific marketing solutions is a lot of work.
Your company would benefit from marketing outsourcing, if :
- You are time constraint and your marketing suffers as a result of it
- You know you need marketing support but you are not sure you should employ someone full-time.
- Your staff, budgets and spending have been scaled back but you need help to continue your marketing activity.
- You have tried some marketing initiatives yourself, but your background is not marketing so it’s not really showing any results.
- You find that competitors are doing better than you, are more visible and their marketing material looks more professional.
- You need someone to manage a particular project such as getting started with social media, a website development or redesign, an email signature or a newsletter campaign.
Why outsource your marketing?
- Cost Savings – hiring a full-time marketing department is costly. Marketing Outsourcing is cheaper.
- Flexibility – You can hire and fire your “external” marketing department as you please.
- Knowledge & Expertise – You can tap into the knowledge of a marketing support expert and maybe even learn one or two things about marketing, e.g. how to rank a website.
- Set of fresh eyes – A marketing team not familiar with your business is able to see things objectively and with a new set of eyes.
- No attitude – Outsourcing your marketing efforts, you don’t have to deal with bad work attitude, back chatting or slow progress.
- Good turnaround time – Outsourcing your marketing you will get a quote containing a time estimate. This is followed by regular updates throughout the project.
- Fill a Skills Gap – how we reach customers has become more complex especially with the emergence of new media and social media marketing. Outsourcing marketing solutions will help you get the necessary skills on board to kick start a marketing project.